- The rate of nonfatal violent crimes against people with disabilities was 1.5 times higher than the rate for people without disabilities.
- Rates of rape and sexual assault were more than twice those for people without disabilities.
- Youth with a disability ages 12 to 19 experienced violence at nearly twice the rate as those without a disability.
- People with cognitive disabilities had a higher risk of violent victimization than persons with any other type of disability.
- People with multiple disabilities accounted for about 56% of all violent crime victimizations against those with any disability.
- Nearly 1 in 5 violent crime victims with a disability believed that they became a victim because of their disability.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Last month we did a post on Victims with Disabilities. Below are some sad statistics about this problem:
Posted by WomensLaw.org at 8:58 AM