Monday, November 30, 2009

Making Changes to a Custody Order

Remember that a custody order is never permanent. If circumstances change or if your ex violates the custody order, you can always file to modify or amend the custody order. To change a custody order, you need to file a petition to modify (change) the custody order and you have to prove a "substantial change in circumstances" has happened since the order was issued. If the court believes that there has been a substantial change and that modifying the order would be in the children's best interests, the court could changed the order. Having a lawyer help you prepare the paperwork and represent you in court is usually best since it can be difficult to do it on your own. Here is a link to lawyer's in your state:

No comments:

Post a Comment