Thursday, May 14, 2009

Know Your Rights Thursday

"If your ex-partner takes you to court and requests visitation of your child and you are fearful for the child's safety, you have the right to ask for supervised visitation from the court."*

*An agency or trusted relative/friend may be able to supervise visits between your child and ex-partner. Supervised visitation is granted by the court for varying reasons depending on what state you are in, and will most likely last for a set amount of time.

To read more about custody and visitation in your state on click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment